The style guide is a set of rules and writing standards that ensure our audience recognizes our brand
Microsoft Style Guide
Q-CTRL adopts the Microsoft Style Guide for its completeness and relevance across mediums. The style guide is a set of rules and writing standards that ensure our audience recognizes our brand in various formats across all channels.
Where the Microsoft Style Guide is unopinionated or Q-CTRL differs, these additions and exceptions are detailed below.
Footnotes and reference citations
The following exceptions apply when creating online advertisements:
- Use title-style capitalization for all titles
- Ensure editorial adheres to the Google Advertising Policies Editorial guidelines
- Where the above points are in conflict, the latter takes precedent
Below are guidelines for writing descriptions (release notes) for releases.
- Don’t be too technical; easy to understand for beginners
- Be specific; avoid phrases like “various fixes/updates”
- Be brief and to the point
Voice and tone
Q-CTRL’s voice and tone (how we speak to people) differs from the brand voice used in the Microsoft Style Guide. The Q-CTRL voice and tone replaces the three voice principles in the Microsoft Style Guide.